Concrete Building Solutions - FRAUD - Failure to REFUND money for no work done
1. On 11/4, CBS Engineering subcontractor emails informal documentation pertaining to wall thickness and rebar schedule & promised stamped plans by COB on following monday.(11/8)
2. On 11/4, Mr Owings demanded certified funds to place order from manufacturer for foam blocks. This inconvenient request took time from my place of work as I had to make special trip to bank to draw certified check. On 11/5 I met Mr. Owings in Charlotte w. said check.
3. Upon receipt of certified funds, Mr Owings promised prompt same day order (11/5)
4. I contacted Mr Owings on 11/9 and expressed my sincere concern that CBS engineering subcontractor *still* had not provided stamped plans. Mr Owings assured me he would take care of delay.
5. On 11/10 I contacted Manufacturer, FoxBlocks to see what was really going on. FoxBlocks stated all forms were in inventory; there was no need for any custom manufacturing. Manufacturer stated all delay was due to:
i) a CBS shipping cost negotiation issue
ii) CBS failure to fund order
iii)CBS tardiness in placing funded order.
When I discovered this lack of transparency and integrity on the part of CBS, and after all the delays leading up to this point, I called confronted Mrs Owings.
Upon confronting Mrs Owings, she became hostile assuredly due to fact that she was caught in a lie.
There was simply no way to continue relationship with CBS - placement of Foxblocks product required further customer service beyond just the delivery of product - expertise and experience that neither myself or my general contractor had which was due to be provided by CBS, post delivery of the forms.
Due to Mrs. Owings hostility and willingness to destroy any civil relationship, Mr & Mrs Owings lack of integrity, and all the delays up to this point, I decided to cancel order and seek alternatives. CBS simply could not be trusted to do the foundation work they were originally contracted to perform.
The facts of the matter are:
a) Requested stamped plans delayed for well over a month.
b) No stamped plans were ever delivered when promised.
c) No funded order was placed when promised.
d) No product was ever delivered
e) Original plans were not been returned
The broken promises by CBS and their sub-contractors combined with substantial delays is sufficient cause for termination of contract.
****Since the cancellation date of 11/10/2010, all work has been completed by different vendor.****
CBS currently owes me full refund, my original plans PLUS a formal apology for delaying our home construction project.
Lastly, this issue has been turned over to my attorney.
CBS will remit to Attorney Maxwell's Charlotte office:
* $9000 in certified funds
* a formal apology
* the original plan documentation
Failure to do so will result in litigation.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "Letter sent to College works with NO response.Please find below comments on my experience with College Works. Nathen (project manager) explained the process to me, and as a business..."
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."